Corporate Social Responsibility
Our work with local communities and charities
Corporate Social Responsibility means making a positive difference in our wider community.
Freeths are a forward-thinking firm and we are keen to do our bit for a wide range of community programs. This could be through offering our expertise to help people in need, or by simply giving up some of our time. We play active roles in organisations, volunteer in schools and provide pro bono work.
Here’s how Freeths are making a difference
Some examples of our community engagement:
- Right to Read – Participating in a national literacy programme at eight primary schools
- Business in FOCUS – Providing mentoring to disadvantaged people during a law simulation exercise
- Pro Bono schemes – Legal work without charge, including substantial cases for accident victims
- Enterprise 4 Education – Helping to raise young people’s employability through workshops and talks
- Give & Gain Day – An international day raising general awareness of the value of volunteering
- The Legal Scholarship Scheme – A bursary and paid work experience at our Milton Keynes office
- Freeths E-Mentoring Scheme – Mentoring for law students at eight universities and colleges
Supporting a different charity every year
We are pleased to announce that our new firm charity is FareShare.
FareShare is an organisation that changes lives by redistributing good-to-eat, surplus food to more than 9,500 local charities and community groups across the UK, who then turn that food into meals.
Their collective aim is to help as many of the UK’s 14 million people (of which 4 million are children) facing food insecurity, by redistributing and therefore reducing the two million tonnes of surplus food that is wasted every year across the UK.
We will be supporting our national chairty throughout the year by volunteering support, collating donations and various fundraising activities.
Our Green Approach
We are committed to being more environmentally friendly, recycling widely in our offices to reduce our impact on the planet. We do this by using recycled products where possible, aiming to source our energy ethically by investigating alternative renewable energy sources, and carrying out audits of our buildings.
Freeths are proud to be making progress with a firm-wide travel plan. This includes our Cycle to Work scheme and encouraging our staff to use public transport through subsidised season tickets.
We ensure that all our suppliers are aware of our CSR Policy, and that we progressively influence them to adopt good environmental practices.
To underline our commitment we have gained ISO14001 accreditation.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014