Your passport to success
What is involved?
Many UK based national and international companies look to the overseas market to source talent to meet their recruitment needs. Navigating the immigration system can be a challenge and drain on internal resource. At Freeths, we specialise in guiding UK businesses through the immigration system to enable you to recruit the right people into role, and in supporting overseas companies and innovators to expand into the UK market.
Our Business Immigration team are immigration experts, with over 30 years’ experience in navigating the complexities of the UK immigration system on our clients’ behalf. We will utilise this experience to ensure we achieve a successful outcome for you and your business, acting as your trusted advisors. We have a 100% success rate in securing immigration licences and work visa clearance.
With the right support, immigration can be a catalyst for growth by giving your business access to a global skilled workforce. Expanding your view of the available talent pool to the international market can give you a competitive advantage.
We are known for delivering value for our clients with industry acclaimed expertise. We have strong links with the Home Office, enabling us to keep you appraised of every relevant development in immigration law, for your industry sector.
We deliver results and have the expertise to manage licence and visa processes from end to end, making working with the immigration system as simple as possible for you and allowing you to focus on your day job.
Our experienced immigration team works with everyone from budding entrepreneurs and SMEs to the largest global brands, local authorities, and educational establishments, delivering innovative solutions to everyday challenges with UK immigration. We have over 200 business immigration clients including globally recognised brands.
We are highly experienced at working with business founders and overseas companies who wish to establish their business interests in the UK, and we can look after your personal immigration matters for you and your family, in addition to those for your business.
We cover all UK immigration matters and work with overseas advisers to provide global mobility services for other jurisdictions.
We can provide a specialist advice and training package to ensure your business remains immigration compliant and your HR team has the support they need to negotiate the complex immigration system and to stay up to speed with right to work requirements.
We offer comprehensive training for employees and HR teams dealing with the employment of overseas nationals, ensuring your business is up to date with the latest developments in right to work compliance and immigration matters. We can tailor training to meet your business requirements, ensuring your teams remain up to date in this fast-moving area, minimising business risk.
Call our immigration lawyers now to see how we can help you to use the immigration system to drive growth for your business.
Why choose Freeths?
- We specialise in business immigration; our national team of immigration experts has over 30 years’ experience in managing business immigration matters
- We provide effective, efficient advice and immigration services to national and multi-national companies, universities and public bodies
- We have worked with some of the largest global brands, delivering innovative solutions to resolve their immigration matters
- We will be your trusted advisors, with experience in all types of immigration work, we have a 100% success rate on sponsor licence and work visa applications.
- We are approachable and here to give innovative, and realistic advice, with your business interests at the heart of our recommendations
- Our fees are transparent. We offer a fair pricing structure which will be agreed with you at the outset with much of our work being delivered at fixed fees.
- We run seminars, workshops and bespoke training courses throughout the year
- We offer integration with broader legal services such as our commercial and corporate teams who can help you to run your business, our specialist IP and tech teams can assist in protecting your intellectual property and our specialist employment and pensions teams who can assist with all your HR requirements.
Alternatively complete the form below:
Business Immigration Lawyers
0345 166 6300
0345 166 6264
0345 166 6262
0345 166 6310
0345 272 5730
0345 166 6309
Passport delays due to 5-week strike actionArticles 20th Mar 2023
Upcoming Changes to the Shortage Occupation List: Construction SectorArticles 16th Mar 2023
Latest Immigration Rule Changes: for business people and workersArticles 10th Mar 2023
"The service you provided was perfect. I would definitely use your company again. Thank you"
“The Business Immigration team’s support has been invaluable to the University over a number of years, and in particular lately on Brexit, enabling us to better support our international colleagues."
(Lisa Courtney, University of Leeds)
"We have worked with Freeths for in excess of 20 years. They have taken time to fully understand our business, how we work and what our standards and values are. We consider them a true partner who adds value."
(The Legal 500, 2023)
“I have always been happy with the advice and support received.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
"The knowledge of the team is the main strength. The team at Freeths has been able to guide us at all stages of the process. They have also provided effective advice and support to the new employee joining our company. They have been very responsive to the needs of our business often at very short notice. This has been critical to us as we face a very fast-moving labour market."
(The Legal 500, 2023)
"We have been working with the Freeths Immigration practice for all our visa requirements. We have found them to be efficient and their advice has been spot on. They have worked to assist us with our visa and immigration issues on a timely basis and always ensure that we understand the issues and how they can be resolved."
(The Legal 500, 2021)
"The practice is known for providing an excellent level of service to clients, and has vast experience. They were absolutely exceptional."
(The Legal 500, 2021)
"The team that worked with us were outstandingly professional, well organised and, most importantly for us, empathetic towards our case and needs. We felt listened to and that there was a great effort to understand our specific circumstances which, for us, felt like a more personalised experience with genuine care and consideration for us as individuals. Their work was efficient and maintained excellent communication throughout so that we felt involved from the beginning and well-informed of the process."
(The Legal 500, 2021)
"Emma Brooksbank represents a diverse client roster, including higher education institutions, corporate groups and individuals seeking Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visas. A source says: "She's very good in difficult cases, has a legal head and is really persistent, and she's really open to taking new, fresh approaches."
(Chambers & Partners, 2020)
"Emma Brooksbank of Freeths LLP is known for carrying off the difficult combination of being knowledgeable and authoritative while still down-to-earth and friendly. She advises corporations, education organisations and local authorities on a full range of immigration issues."
(Chambers & Partners, 2018)
- Supporting a number of UK universities to recruit from overseas and to maintain right to work compliance, most recent delivering a secondment to undertake a specialist compliance audit and advise on best practice.
- Securing an immigration licence for a multi-national, cyber security company and advising on all international recruitment matters, including securing required UK Skilled Worker visas to fill key UK roles and Schengen visas. Restructuring the licence follow the business’ restructure and completing the transfer of all sponsored employees.
- Being retained as exclusive immigration advisors for one of the UK’s main supermarkets. Advising on complex right to work matters for their HR and payroll teams and managing the retention and, at times, termination of employees with complex immigration circumstances, balancing the employment and immigration risks.
- Assisting an international manufacturing client with an internal right to work audit, undertaking interviews with key personnel, reviewing policies, records and processes and delivering their audit report and assisting in the implementation of changes.
- Securing an immigration licence for a national care home provider to enable them to recruit teams of specialist care staff to support the delivery of care packages to individuals with highly complex care needs.
- Successfully putting in place a Skilled Worker and Senior and Specialist Worker licence for a multi-national company which was in a fast growth period. Securing visa clearance to fill senior level positions which required highly specialised skills.
- Supporting a national care home group through a complex business takeover with one of the country’s largest care providers. Undertaking a full audit of immigration and right to work compliance, identifying breaches, undertaking intensive training, providing policies, and overhauling procedures, and liaising closely with the Home Office to confirm remedial action and to ensure the licence would be preserved and all sponsored employees could be retained, enabling this £10.2 million deal to complete.
- Advising a local authority on complex human rights matters for children in their care.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014