Logistics & Warehousing
Supporting your business to provide or procure supply chain solutions
Warning: Undefined array key "query" in /srv/users/freethsdev/apps/freethsdev/releases/b129a281955b2c3eecaef3af9faf90a8b33f7fb7_2023-12-18_14-11-10/wp-content/themes/freeths_green/assets/php/functions-general.php on line 58
Logistics & warehousing podcast series
Take a listen to our Freethinking podcast series where we talk to business leaders, looking at the impact of global supply chains on the UK economy.
Series 1 | Episode 1 – featuring Tony Mannix, CEO of Clipper Logistics, who talks to us about supply chain challenges, collaborative working & the modern workforce.
Series 1 | Episode 2 – featuring Clare Bottle, CEO of the UK Warehousing Association who talks to us about the growth of eCommerce.
Series 1 | Episode 3 – featuring Neil Ashworth, Portfolio Director & Non-Executive Chair, who talks about his career, the rise of data & technology within the supply chain and emerging sector technologies.
Series 1 | Episode 4 – featuring Anthony Tattersall, Managing Director of Darcica Logistics, Phil Reed, Managing Director of Varamis Rail and Iain Bowler, Partner and National Head of Commercial at Freeths who talk about Net Zero.
Series 1 | Episode 5 – featuring Melanie Tattersall Director of Sustainability and Communications at Darcica Logistics, Kate Lester, Founder of Diamond Logistics and Philippa Dempster, Senior Partner and London Managing Partner at Freeths who discuss women in logistics.
How we can help your business
We can provide support on a wide range of matters including:
- contracts for the provision of logistics services
- investment in infrastructure
- development of warehouses
- procuring materials handling equipment
- advice on international and national distribution systems
- HMRC and HSE investigations
- dispute avoidance and resolution
- employee training and compliance
- business immigration
- automation and other technological developments
- procurement, leasing and maintenance of fleet (including rail, road and aircraft)
- environmental and sustainability issues
- regulatory matters
Why choose Freeths?
We have an integrated national team offering the complete range of services needed for businesses within the logistics and warehousing sector.
Our experts understand the pressures and challenges this sector presents and they work collaboratively to stay on top of key market developments, regulatory issues and innovative solutions for their clients.
The team acts for a wide range of businesses within the sector from SMEs to major national and international groups and have particular expertise in:
- retail logistics
- warehousing and fulfilment
- the development, construction and operation of major regional and national distribution centres, with complex MHE
In addition we provide further support for those in the logistics and warehousing community through a programme of free webinars, blogs and other thought leadership initiatives to ensure they keep up to date with all the latest insight and legislative changes affecting the sector.
If you are not already signed up, please join our mailing list >
Who we work with
- Eddie Stobart
- London Luton Airport
- Bristol Airport
- Travis Perkins Group
- Rhenus Warehousing Solutions
Logistics & Warehousing Lawyers
0345 050 3203
0345 030 5767
0345 271 6770
0345 030 5793
0345 166 6265
0345 128 6969
0345 050 3667
0345 272 5715
0345 077 9567
0345 030 5783
0345 166 6304
0345 030 5718
‘Delivering Black Friday’ Yesterday, Today and TomorrowPast Events 17th Nov 2022
Freeths strengthens insurance offering with new Partner hireNews 12th Sep 2022
Freeths advise BGF-backed Hydrock on two acquisitionsNews 8th Sep 2022
“Rena has acted for DPD Group UK Ltd for over 21 years. I have been with DPD Group throughout that time and myself and my team have worked closely with Rena. Rena has an in-depth understanding of our business and provides us with a first class service in all aspects of employment law. Her professionalism and responsiveness is exceptional and I would not hesitate to recommend Rena to any future business partner or company.”
(Sharon Hughes MCIPD, Director of People and Talent)
Recent logistics and warehousing matters include:
- advice in connection with the construction, operation and maintenance of an automated regional distribution centre and complex MHE
- outsourcing of regional transportation services for a leading construction materials business
- arrest and recovery of a vessel from European jurisdiction
- global distribution arrangements for a leading online fashion retailer
- licences of cutting edge warehouse management software
- all aspects of employment law and HR support for an international parcel carrier company
- leases of large strategic warehouse and distribution centres for an international multi billion pound logistics business
- persuaded HMRC to withdraw alcohol duty assessment of £20m against one of the world’s largest hauliers
- sale of a portfolio of warehouses across the UK
- acting on behalf of a Turkish airline carrier in respect of defending a claim following the catastrophic failure of its aircraft
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014